Bacon, Sausage and Egg Pizza With A Puff Base
This is a delicious twist on a family favourite
325g Dorset Puff Pastry
2 tbsp tomato paste
200g smoked bacon chopped or lardons
4 sausages skinned and chopped
125gm grated mozzarella cheese
4 Free Range eggs
150g cherry/plum tomatoes, halved
Small basil leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Line 2 oven trays with baking parchment
- Dry fry the chopped bacon/lardons and chopped sausage until nicely browned. Set aside to cool.
- Cut 2 x 20cm round from the partly defrosted pastry sheet. Using a small knife, cut a 1-2cm border around the pastry, being careful not to cut the whole way through. Place the rounds on the prepared trays.
- Spread inside the circle of each round with the tomato paste. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Top with bacon and sausage. Bake for 15 minutes or until the sides have puffed.
- Crack 2 eggs onto each round. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until the egg whites have set and the cheese is golden. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.